August 19, 2010

August research brings Mayflowers


So I'd been playing around with one of my ancestors who many report sailed on the Mayflower.  The problem is, I've discovered she was born in Massachusetts.  As were both of her parents, so it was impossible.  But as I've discovered, there are a lot of people out there, call it wishful thinking or call it fraud, who don't do their research right.

But I think I've found the right link...







Richard Warren (1580 - Oct 20 1628) is my 13th generation Grandfather through the Frost line.  He's also the 12th signature on the Mayflower Compact, the first governing document of Plymouth Colony.  His wife, Elizabeth Walker, later came to Massachusetts on the ship "Anne" with her 3 daughters Mary, Ann (my 12th generation Grandmother) and Sarah.  They then had 2 sons in Plymouth.

Because all 5 of his children survived to adulthood, he is the most common link people have to the Mayflower lineage, ranging from Franklin Delano Roosevelt to Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Regardless of his popularity, he's my link to the first passage.  I'm not sure what that gets me, but I'm checking it off my list anyhow.

Mayflower... Check.

No comments: