August 19, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Things I'm looking forward to

  1. Vacationing in Northern Wisconsin next week as our final hurrah before C-man goes back to school. It's nothing extravagent: mosquitos, pizza, fishing, sleeping in; but I can't wait.
  2. Teaching C-man how to shoot a BB gun.
  3. Reaching my goal of 2500 people on my family tree. (I'm just over 2400 now).
  4. Finding someone in my geneological line with the same birthdate as me. I know for a lot of people I only have years, but COME ON - there's got to be a match with SOMEONE, doesn't there?
  5. Having the village drainage situation resolved.  So far, there's a berm at the base of the soccer field, some of the school parking lot has been pulverized, and our neighbors have been notified they need to change their downspouts.  Only a bit of piping to go...
  6. Getting a new washer and dryer. While it's nice to have the laundry cleaned and folded, the $50 a week is kind of ridiculous, and I'd really just like to have stuff clean when I want it clean.
  7. Having a clean basement to put all of our crap back into. I'm kind of tired of living with suitcases in our dining room because there's nowhere else to put them.
  8. Finishing up Season 6 of Nip/Tuck, so I can be done with it and get back to books. Man, that's a bad show. But it's like crack, and I just can't stop watching what stupid thing the writers are going to throw out there next.
  9. Finishing C-man's school shopping. His stuff is bought. I just need to get him some more uniform shorts and pants (that actually fit) and a new pair of gym shoes.
  10. Saturday's 5K to Irish Fest benefiting the Arthritis Foundation (Now that I know I have Irish roots, I guess I can't mock the Irish so much anymore). I'm walking it with the family this year, since I haven't been able to run lately, but it is always nice to see so many people out for the same thing.
  11. Not traveling for work the entire month of September.  We'll see if it really happens, but a girl's got to have goals.
  12. Taking C-man to swimming lessons. Man, how he loves those now. Thank God we got over that hump!
  13. Having lunch today with an old friend
********************
Happy 21st, Terry and Bill!

    1 comment:

    Indigo said...

    I can't believe you haven't found someone in your tree yet with the same birthday! Although, I haven't found one yet with mine. Zoe was born on her great-great aunt's birthday, which Peter's grandmother NEVER stopped talking for the rest of her life. What about the same first name? Was Jennifer a popular name way back when?