August 24, 2010

Summer sailed by

It's our last week of summer before school starts.  And that makes me sad.  Not just because summer has come and gone; it always does that.  I'm sad because I feel like we never even had a summer this year.  Not really, anyhow.  I was huddled under blankets, it was so cold at the beginning of t-ball season.  About the time it warmed up, monsoon season started.  We've been dealing with the destruction the flooding caused ever since, and the giant red dumpster in my driveway is a constant reminder of the stress and money we're continuing to get soaked with as a result.  I've been on medication all summer; medication I was told would make me instantly better, but has done nothing but steal 3 out of every 7 days of every week. And now, the aftermath of the rain means that the mosquitos are so bad, you can't go outside without swallowing your daily allowance of protein.

In other words, I want a do-over.  And I'm going to do my damndest to get it.  We're heading on a mini-vacation this weekend, and I'm planning on cramming my entire summer into all 4 days of it.  4 days is all we could muster this time of year, but we really need it.  That's why it's going to be stress-free, relaxing, and fun.  I am going to read some books, eat some pizza, do some fishing, and soak my toes in the water.  We've got some big decisions to make, but I'm hoping getting out of our normal environment will help us do the right thing.  And for that, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Wishing you a GREAT getaway!

::mingle::