August 2, 2010

Catch-up time

I spent the past 5 days in Central and Northern California.  Partly for work, partly for play.
And now, after hours of sitting on the freeway behind an overturned truck and RV gnawing on my fingers worried I'd miss my flight only to end up on the San Francisco tarmac for hours, waiting for Denver thunderstorms to clear, to then spend hours more on the Denver tarmac waiting our turn on the runway to take off, and endlessly waiting for my bag to finally arrive only to realize in my bleary-eyed state that I was at baggage carousel 5 and it was actually already spinning on carousel 3...
I'm home.
And so it's catch-up time. Catch-up on sleep, catch-up on work, and apparently catch-up on 5 days of missed butt scratching, (according to Harry who won't leave my side).  Which is clean and pristine, by the way.  As was the entire house when I got home.  What a pleasant and happy surprise that was!
So now it's back to reality. Unpacking, expense reports, and email reponses.  At least my 4 bottles of grapey goodness made it back unharmed.
Until next time...

No comments: