August 3, 2010

Slipping through summer

  • I just spent another $60 to have my dirty clothes laundered. The village is totally getting that bill.
  • The same village that has still done absolutely nothing about our drainage problems.  We have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. to discuss that.
  • Tip of the day year: Don't piss off a stressed out, overworked woman who is on drugs that make her sick and crazy. You cannot win.
  • I put in another Sprungli order yesterday.  Mr. Sprungli always knows the right thing to say.
  • Maybe it's not the prednisone making me fat, after all.
  • I have a rheumatologist visit tomorrow morning after my village meeting.  Just one fun thing after another, my life is.
  • I am really looking forward to State Fair starting on Thursday.  I'm going to be there at 11 a.m.  I wait all year for this.  My heart is already palpitating in anticipation of all the grease it's going to endure.
  • Beyond the obligatory corn dog and monkey tail, I unbelievably haven't figured out what I'm going to eat yet.  Crazy, right?!?! Although, with 70 items on a stick I'm sure I'll figure something out.  (Mmmm.. deep fried apple pie on a stick...)
  • I have to complete an expense report for work today. I think I dread doing those most of all. Why didn't I get my mom's incessant need to balance numbers?
  • I was gone for 5 days, and I asked C-man how it went.  His response, "Awesome! Dad let me eat in front of the TV every day!  And, I got Gatorade!"  Fantastic.
  • Is it Friday yet?

2 comments:

jon said...

wow! I wish my wife would allow that. Popcorn and orange gatorade. Does life get any better than that?
I think not!!!!

Sprungli....?... Just the word chocolate is sufficient for me.

Kwizgiver said...

Hope the village meeting went well. How frustrating! I'm envious of your fair with 70 items on a stick. Our fair doesn't have anything cool on a stick.

::mingle::