August 16, 2010

Monday is the new Friday

Since I've started taking the hard-core meds for my arthritis, TGIF just doesn't have the same meaning to it.  While I take a couples of bottles of meds every day, the low-dose chemo comes on Fridays.  Which makes Fridays decidedly un-fun.  On Fridays, I feel ill. My stomach tosses around.  I eat, not because I want to, but because I know if I don't it'll get really ugly.  And as much as my stomach hurts on Fridays, I'm completely exhausted on Saturdays.  And by Sunday, I feel as if I've gone 9 rounds with an un-gloved Mike Tyson; every fiber of my body aching, barely standing straight up on my own.  It isn't until Monday that I can begin to move again, begin to open my eyes without pain, really begin to do anything again.

So I've come to think of Mondays as my new favorite day.  The day it all gets better; I can walk, talk, and even think straight.  I'm trying not to think about how pitiful it all is.  So instead, TGIM!

No comments: