October 29, 2010

Busy weekend ahead

  • I sent C-man off to school in his Harry Potter costume this morning.  Because I had to spray his hair dark, I'm now in the process of trying to get the black off my fingernails.  I'll worry about what ended up on his shirt later.  But he was pretty stinking cute, trooping off to the bus in his robe and tie.
  • I have no idea how we're going to get all that hair darkening spray out of his head.  And then we're doing it all over again on Sunday. Oy.
  • This weekend is crap merchandise drop-off for the school rummage sale.  I keep reminding myself that this thing pulls in close to $20,000 profit for the school, and it'll all be over in 8 more days.  Just 8 more days of crazy-making to go.
  • In the meantime, I've been in some crazy basements, rustling up things like 8' toboggans, Ball jars from the early 1900s and dusty lamp shades for old ladies who need help.  Although I do have to admit, going into some of these North Shore houses is pretty interesting.
  • Speaking of that, if you have crap awesome items to drop off, please do at 7600 N Port Washington Rd in Fox Point. 
  • I'm putting most of C-man's old clothes in the rummage sale. I just don't know enough people to give these things too, and I've totally run out of space.  To the rummage sale they go.
  • I've got someone coming for our old tricycle this weekend.  That's $10 more for the Thailand trip fund.
  • C-man is supposed to have swimming lessons this weekend, but I haven't heard from his instructor.  Guess I should call that kid.  He seems to have forgotten about us.
  • How is Haliburton at the heart of every horrible investigation?
  • I got more juice yesterday with an upped doseage. I can hardly move today. This is getting old.
  • You know what else is getting old?  I think I'm getting the foggy chemo brain.  Not like cancer patients, because the doseage I get of this crap is NOTHING compared to what they endure.  But names and facts that are always so simple and at the forefront of my brain, I now have to search for in the deep recesses of my mind. And focusing on anything for longer than 30 minutes is a long-lost dream. Now I know how the ADD kids feel.  And boy, is this really helping out my work performance!
  • At some point, I think we're going to buy our Easter break plane tickets this weekend.  That's very exciting stuff. I need something new and fun to look forward to that doesn't involve old, dusty stuff or doctors appointments.

No comments: