October 22, 2010

Finally Friday

  • I'm reading The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson.  It's quite mystical, which I sometimes find hokey, but I'm really loving it.  As in, staying-up-yawning-with-my-eyes-barely-open-but-continuing-to-read-anyhow loving it.
  • Today, Beerman is celebrating his 15 year anniversary with his company.  I'm pretty sure I've never done anything for 15 years straight.  (The actual anniversary was in August, but this is the first time his boss has been back in the country long enough to do something.)
  • C-man is heading to a friend's house tonight, so Beerman and I are going out.  But we can't go to my favorite hangout, because that's where Beerman's going for his anniversary lunch.  And we go out so rarely, I don't want to waste it on a trendy new place that might be crap.  Where to go?  Where to go?
  • Saturday we're going to some swanky country club dinner thing.  And it's not a golf country club, but a tennis one.  Does it get more pretentious than that?  Yes, it does.  The dress is "Country Club Casual".  Can someone please explain what that means?
  • I caught my child flexing and sucking his stomach in while shirtless in front of the mirror this morning.  When I asked what he was doing, he told me he was making himself look "like a strong man".  I'm hiding the protein powder and electric razors now, just in case.
  • I'm one of the chairs for our upcoming school rummage sale.  We had a meeting last night that went 2 hours. I about died.  Then they wanted to chit-chat after. It gave me flashbacks to working for the Boy Scouts and the volunteers "kicking stones" outside the meetings for hours after. I politely said goodbye and bolted.  They're really, really great co-chairs, who are working their butts off, so I'm not complaining at all there. But there are very few things I can stand doing for 2 hours straight, and meeting about a rummage sale is not one of them... ugh.
  • Speaking of that, St. Eugene's School in Fox Point is holding its annual rummage sale on November 6th from 8 - 2.  You know, in case you're a rummager. Or you want to help my son's school.
  • November 7th is the annual Jingle Bell Run/Walk.  I'm really hoping after being on my feet all day and shlepping stuff around at the rummage sale, I'll be able to actually walk on the 7th.
  • I'm supposed to get more "juice" next Thursday.  Hopefully it'll actually help this time.  After almost 7 months, I'm kind of losing hope.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

Congrats to Beerman! My 15th year anniversary came and went without any fanfare, perhaps I need to have a talk with my boss.....

My dinner suggestions are: Rustico in the 3rd Ward, Emperor of China on Brady St (our favorite), if you want something fancier try one of the Bartolotta places.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your DH on 15! Hope you had a nice night out! :)