October 12, 2010

Finding serenity in #17

November is nanowrimo. That's National Novel Writing Month.  It's only mid-October, but I've decided once and for all, I'm going to try it.  One hour a day, every single day of November.  Because I have always found such joy in writing, true writing, not just letters and memos and emails and crap that junk up my day.  I have no idea what the story is, although I've had a couple of thoughts along the way.  It might be crap.  In fact, it has a pretty good possibility of being total crap.  And I'm certain it won't be done by December 1st.  But I think if I can commit to 30 days, I'll be 30 hours into crossing off #17.  The sweater will just have to wait.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

I'm totally excited for you!!!! It's completely do-able at one hour a day. I divided out the 50,000 words into 30 days and then I aimed for that word count as my daily goal. Here's a tip: BACK THAT SUCKER UP!! And then MAKE A COPY OF IT! Email it to yourself so you have a third copy too. Three chapters can be gone with a chewed up power cord when your laptop dies because you didn't realize it was not plugged in. I'm just saying. Take many, many, many precautions.

Kwizgiver said...

Wahoo! What an exciting leap! I hope you'll share some of what you write.

::mingle::