October 2, 2010

Our Saturday or How Wisconsin can we get?

We started the morning at one of the last farmers' markets of the season.
Then, of course, Harry had to visit his favorite place in the whole world.
After a that, we drove a bit north for lunch. We found a local diner and ate at the counter.
Then we drove through Horicon to head to the marsh, and we noticed this... There are just so many Wisconsin things in this, I don't know where to start.
We finally got to the Horicon Marsh visitor's center where we did some crafts and found a Badger.
We took a walk around the marsh. It was a bit cold and drizzly, so we didn't walk far, and decided to go check out some other parts of the marsh.
On the way around, we spotted a great barn. and we all know how much I love a great Wisconsin barn.  Beerman didn't even question it when I shouted, "BARN!"  He just pulled over while I took my shots.
We continued on, stopping at various views. At one spot, we stopped and took advantage of the lookouts provided over the marsh.  C-man loved these.
We saw some great things and had a lovely time identifying birds.
Like this egret.
And the intriguing half-duck.
One spot had a gorgeous floating boardwalk for us to walk out over the water and see everything close up.

After we'd had enough of the birds, we decided to go into Mayville.
We were lucky to be there during their annual Audubon days.  We arrived just in time to watch the floating rubber duck race down the river.
And learn that they were selling beautiful, tasty cream puffs.
Filled to the brim with one of C-man's favorite things... whipped cream.
It was truly a perfectly gorgeous Wisconsin Saturday.

4 comments:

SarahinSC said...

Looks like a wonderful day in WI!

Anonymous said...

Harry photographs very nicely. I like egrets but I really love pelicans.
Your photos were awesome today.
JH
?????google won't accept my password?

Indigo said...

That picture of Harry is hilarious! I love a good photo of a barn too, that's a great one with the tractor next to it. Thanks for being my photographer today, I faked stunning pretty good. You must have photoshopped it. ;)

jayayceeblog said...

You have definitely made me yearn for your part of the country with this post. The sunflowers, handsome Harry, lunch with Batman. I'll bet the kids in that area are behaving much better since they found out BRATS are being fried! Gorgeous marsh, barn and bird pictures. Do you suppose the ducks think they're hiding? A cheese store and a cream puff! Nothing like a powdered sugar covered face with a smile!