October 18, 2010

It's *yawn* Monday

It's Monday, and I totally feel hungover.  (I had a beer and a half all weekend, so it's not THAT)  What a busy weekend!  Saturday's party took so much out of me, I don't know if there's enough coffee in the world to make things right. I really resent my physical limitations, but resent them or not, they're a reality.  (All these months of toxic chemicals pouring into my body, and I feel crappier than I did a year ago. Go figure.) I've also learned, once again, that I just cannot drink alcohol. I pay for such a minimal amount so dearly, it's just not worth it.  Bummer.

So, we spent Sunday eating leftovers (mac and cheese for breakfast is quite tasty), taking down and packing up the tent and heaters, going to swimming lessons and seeing the First Stage's production of Peter Pan and Wendy.  It was the first time I'd taken C-man to see a play, although he'd seen a couple at school.  He absolutely loved it. Personally, I was a little weirded out by the high school kid playing Peter Pan, because he was wearing a fishing net shirt.  (Seriously? He couldn't have covered his nipples or scrawny arms?)  It was no Broadway production, but cute, nonetheless.  And now C-man's totally revved up for the next one in November, My Son Pinocchio.  Which is great, because I bought us season tickets, so it would have really sucked if he hadn't liked it... I think the Oreos and juice box snack during intermission that he refused to share with me certainly helped.

So now, let the ultra-crazy week begin!

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

What great fun, introducing C-man to theatre. What adventures you have ahead of you.

(And BTW, I love the photo of Count Dracowla. LOL!)

Indigo said...

Which reminds me, I need to renew our First Stage season tickets. Oops.

I hope you start to get some relief soon. I'm starting to feel a little Shirley MacLaine-ish from Tears of Endearment. "Give me friend her shot!!!!"

Indigo said...

I meant 'my'. Oy.