October 15, 2010

The wrong idea

You know how sometimes people get the wrong idea about something you like or don't like and you have no idea how? Yeah, these are a few of those for me:
  • I hate Chardonnay. Always have. Always will.  The smell alone makes me gag.
  • Cheesecake and pumpkin pie leave a film on my teeth. Yuk. Putting fruit on top of the cheesecake does not make it delectable. It makes it grosser.
  • I do like pea soup. Okay, I think I can explain this one. It just might be because I screamed, "And I hate your pea soup too!" during an argument with my husband once because I didn't know what else to say but was still mad.
  •  I don't like margarine or Cool Whip. (Seriously - we're in the dairy state!)  Whipped cream? Totally different story...
  • I don't hug up your little kid, not because I don't like your kid. I don't do it because I remember strangers or relatives I didn't see that often hugging me when I was a kid, and absolutely hating it.
  • Talking about bodily functions makes me cringe. Just because I don't flinch when you do it doesn't mean I want to know what type of sanitary products you prefer, how bloated you are, or what happened that one day.  Keep it to yourself, please.
  • Ice cream and warm pie are gross. If I wanted melted ice cream, I'd put it in the microwave. But I don't. I keep it in the freezer. So it stays cold.
  • I don't want Parmesan cheese on my pasta dish. It's stinky and doesn't taste good. No matter how many times you ask if I want any, I'm always going to say no.
  • I am not all that fond of the color purple. It's okay as far as colors go. I certainly don't hate it.  But it's definitely not even in my top 5.
  • I really do like Beerman's family recipe for meat pie.  It's meat and pie crust. What can be bad about that?
  • I don't hate all people. Just stupid ones.
  • I do hate most seafood. That's pretty well-known by those around me.  But most think it's because I'm allergic. I'm not. I just think it tastes like dirt.
  • I don't hate cats. I truly am allergic to them.  (Although they are a bit evil)

3 comments:

jon said...

picky, picky, picky!!!!!
My wife is the same way. She won't eat any meat on bread if the bread is too soggy. She has all kind of quirky little rules. She rminds me of Larry David on "Curb your enthusiasm."

If you haven't watched that program, it is a more adult version of "Seinfeld,....but not really.
Larry David has issues. Like George Costanza,

Mary Z said...

Many years ago, when I was a kid, the comment was "De gustibus, said the old lady as she kissed the cow." Comes from "De gustibus non est disputandum" which, according to Wikipedia is: "De gustibus non disputandum est is a Latin maxim. It means 'there is no disputing about tastes.' The implication is that opinions about matters of taste are not objectively right or wrong, and hence that disagreements about matters of taste cannot be objectively resolved.

That's still the rule at our house. You can use it, too.

Indigo said...

Chardonnay is just yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. And margarine? Blah. I don't even think it's good for you. But Parmesan cheese??? Bring it on! LOVE IT!