November 16, 2010

Flashbulb memories

They say that kids remember things in flashbulb memories; those flashes of single moments in time. I contend I still have these as an adult. And one of those times is when my child was just an infant, probably 3 months old. It was late at night, and I was nursing him, as I ALWAYS seemed to be doing round the clock in those days. (The child hasn't gotten this big on air and rainbows!) And I remember his warm, hungry body against me one evening, with his striped legs slung over the crook of my right arm, I was thinking, "He's gotten so big already!"

Little did I know, I hadn't seen "nothin'" yet.
As I've been giving away C-man's old baby clothes to people who need them, there are a few things I have not been able to part with for sentimental reasons.  This little pair of pajamas is one of them.  Because I swear I can still smell his baby breath when I hold it up to my nose.

3 comments:

SarahinSC said...

Totally made me laugh! I remember those nursing times very fondly too.

Anonymous said...

Aw, sweet memeories and oh boy - guess he's grown a bit! lol

Indigo said...

ADORABLE! I saved a couple pairs of Zoe's footed pj's from when she was a baby, so cute! If only they stayed that small.