November 8, 2010

Whew.

The school rummage sale is over. I can hardly believe it.  It really was a lot of work, especially these past 2 weeks.  But, we pulled in over $15,000 profit for the school after expenses, so I'd say it was totally worth it.  People are already talking about next year, but I've decided to hold off thinking about next year for a bit, because I don't think they'd like my reply in my burned out state.  But it's over, it was a success, and I don't have to volunteer for the rest of the school year on anything unless I feel like it.  Exactly what I'd wanted.

Except I haven't been getting my nails done during this rummage sale, because really, what's the point?  I am, however, making it a point to get my butt there ASAP. Yesterday, I was just too exhausted.  But I look sort of like a field hand.

On Sunday, the weather was perfect for the Jingle Bell Run, C-man was excited to spend time with this grandparents and see animals, and my dad was happy with the several cups of free soup he got.  So all in all, a pretty successful event, even if I did spend all yesterday afternoon (after swimming lessons) on the couch watching bad movies that I secretly love.

Something that's not so successful?  According to the official Nanowrimo website, I should be at 8335 words.  And I'm at zero.  I still really want to do this, and even woke up in the middle of the night the other night with some ideas (guilty conscience?).  So I am going to try really hard at starting up now that the other stuff in my life is over.

I have, however, been pretty good about my 365 project.  So far, since my birthday in May, I've only missed 1 day. Some photos are complete crap, because some days I just don't feel like it, but it has taught me a lot so far, and put me in contact with some great photographers.  So that's something.


And with that, let the week begin. Whoopee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great job on raising funds! Whew! Looks like a fun weekend! And woo hoo for you on keeping up on 365, I'm going to try again in 2011. lol I loved uploading to ShutterCal while I kept up tho.