November 12, 2010

Namesake

Yesterday, C-man learned a new prayer in school. They've been talking about guardian angels, and what that means.  Then he was asked to draw someone he knows in heaven.  And he drew his Great-Grandfather, from whom he got his middle name.  He doesn't remember him, as he was a baby when he passed.  But I think we've talked about him a lot, because he chose to draw him as his person.  And he is wearing a blue shirt and red pants because he was a farmer.  That works for me. From what I can tell, the only thing missing is a blaze orange hat.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Wow that is so very sweet!! and the color choice makes perfect sense!
*mingle*

jon said...

This reminds me of the kid who drew a picture of God.
He said that people will now know what God looks like.

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's sweet. My son has both my Grandfather's name for his middle too (which is also my Dad's name). I got my bases covered with just one! :)