November 15, 2010

Transitioning

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. - Hal Borland

Regardless as to what the calendar says, The reds and yellows of Fall have transitioned into the browns and grays of Winter.  Warm summer days have moved into crisp fall breezes that have now become damp, chilling winds.  Hats and mittens and scarves are on their way out of the closets, as a necessity, not a nighttime nice-to-have.

I really mentally struggle in winter, with the cold and grayness of it.  So I find myself bracing for it, like I am seeing an oncoming car careening toward me.  And I hate that.  Because I've used this oncoming funk as an excuse to eat poorly and move little; two things that make me even more off-kilter, cycling back around to more bad habits.

So I need to find my inertia.  Just that one springboard to get me moving toward a more healthful lifestyle again. Because this just isn't working for me.  And since the pain isn't going away, I can't continue to use that as my excuse either.  Sigh... Time to get off my butt.

************
On a whole different note, who could believe I now have a 12 year old nephew?  Happy birthday A.Wall. 

And in a total Fail, so much for paying for Amazon's guaranteed delivery date - It looks like your present will get there on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Mary Z said...

John has SAD, too - it can be a problem.

Re your 12-year-old nephew. Try having your "baby" granddaughter turn 21. Oh, dear....

Indigo said...

You and I should move somewhere warm. I *hate* winter!

That is the coolest picture ever! I love the boxes!

Anonymous said...

Same here, feel like I didn't get enough pictures and now it's all gone and just waiting for the subzero temps & snow. Blah. But like you have been thinking of changes. Good luck to us both, lol.