May 3, 2011

Accomplishing stuff

I'm feeling fairly uninspired lately, so don't have much exciting to post. Life has been the usual humdrum. Maybe it's the post-vacation blues. Maybe it's the fact that it's May and the weather still blows - literally and figuratively - like it's March. Maybe it's the bug that's had me down for the past almost week. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm a step behind on everything. Oh right, you wanted actual money sent back in exchange for that bill you sent me last month! And C-man, you think your baseball pants falling to your ankles is a problem? Sure, I'll skip out of that meeting to drive 30 minutes out of my way to exchange them for a size small so you can actually run the bases without your General Grieveous underwear showing. Now where are those baseball socks to go with those pants? Wait, you need a snack in your backpack every day not just occasionally? You wanted that course written by today? My mistake, I was sure you wanted it next week Tuesday. Whatever it is, I feel like I need an "undo" button on the past week. Wouldn't that be nice? Just Ctrl-Z to make it all back up so you could restart? Ahhh, that would be fabulous.

So instead of trying to think of something interesting to talk about, it is my birthday week. And birthday weeks are good for reflecting. Last year on my birthday, I came up with 100 things I wanted to experience in my life. Not necessarily a bucket list, as much as a hey-that'd-be-cool-to-do list. And in that year, I've done a few of them. 13, to be exact. Which I think is a good amount, considering the list.

  • Held a rummage sale (And we're signed up for this year's school bonanza again, God help us)
  • Took a picture of myself in the Cloud Gate ball in Chicago
  • Ate at Xoco (Thanks, Mary!)
  • Hid a geocache of my own (44 happily logged visits)
  • Took C-man camping (a recent event)
  • Soaked in hot springs (Thank you, Ojo Caliente)
  • Ate an apple from a tree I planted (Last year's Mothers' day gift)
  • Start and finish the 365 project (I'm happily, almost done!)
  • Got First Stage season tickets (Just renewed for next year too)
  • Took a meditation class (I still don't have a meditation shawl, but at least I know how)
  • Sent a secret in to Post Secret (I'll never tell)
  • Rode in a hot air balloon (Ahhh...)
  • Took a cake decorating class (Did it, don't need to do it again)
And I've made some progress in a few others:
  • Added New Mexico to the states I haven't visited (12 more to go)
  • Learned to tie a few new knots
  • Taken an unholy amount of toxic meds to try to kick the arthritis (Now if one would just work)
So I guess it makes it a successful year. Or at least one that allowed me to experience a few cool things. And that's something to smile about.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

What fun accomplishments!

I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible, I hope you can enjoy your birthday week! Celebrate, celebrate and celebrate!

::mingle::