May 20, 2011

Random Friday Tidbits

  • Our lawn mower took a dump. Which means we get to buy a new one. I'm not really into spending the money on a new lawn mower, but I am secretly (okay, not so secretly anymore) soooo excited about getting a shiny new lawn mower. I love lawn mowers.  It just feels good to see the tangible progress as I move across the lawn.
  • Shingles update: The gross skin stuff is healing, but now I'm getting what feels like charlie horses in my muscles where the blisters are/were. Which is not all that great when it happens in the middle of the night when I'd really prefer to be sleeping.
  • Tomorrow morning is the Ozaukee Master Gardener's annual heirloom plant and herb sale at Concordia. It's a FANTASTIC sale of all herbs, tomatoes and other plants. The stuff is super high quality and reasonably priced. People come with wagons and trailers and all sorts of fun stuff to haul away their prizes. And I really like that they are the OMGs. It is silly, but makes me giggle.
  • After herb fest, I'll be sitting at yet another 11 a.m. baseball game.
  • Beerman bought C-man a pitching machine. I let C-man "pitch" some balls to me. Damn, I got slow in my old age.
  • In June, C-man is playing a game at Helfaer Field. They wanted some stats from each kid to announce when they come up to bat. One question was what he wants to be when he grows up. He claims he still wants to be a book illustrator. Since his latest book is about the koala samurais slaughtering the evil pandas and there are illustrations of bloody pandas everywhere, I won't be bringing examples of his work to show off.
  • June 20th is Little League night at the Brewers game. C-man is going to march on the field. I haven't told him yet, but I'm sure he'll be totally thrilled.
  • We've gone round and round on where to take our celebratory 10 year anniversary vacation. A couple of beer festivals we'd hoped for in Chile and Mexico (to defray travel costs of one of us) haven't panned out. So I think we're pulling the trigger for a family trip to Brazil. I haven't been back in 11 years, and the thought of returning makes me buzz with excitement. (Even if it does put Beerman ahead of me on the continent count.) C-man is still lobbying for a trip to Australia.
  • I ordered a couple of new summer dresses for various functions, weddings, etc this summer. Note to self: Don't try on pretty clothes when your skin looks like it's gone through a meat tenderizer. That is most decidedly not hot.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

When will your anniversary trip be? Sounds like a fun one. (Be sure to go to Australia sometime - worth the long flight. But do some time in New Zealand while you're there.)

jon said...

you will buy a goat for the lawn. female goat, You will have cheese. It would be the new family pet. c-man will love it. good milk also. When she gets old take him to a Jamaican family. Take a picture of her. They will make curried goat for those cold winter nights. Put a picture of the goat on fireplace mantel. Tell C-man he ran away.

Save money for a riding mower.
next problem.