May 23, 2011

Simple joys

It's Monday. It's raining. I have non-stop meetings to attend. And I really want to claw my own skin off. So I'm going to focus on a few simple joys to keep myself looking upward:
  • A brand new, made-in-Tennessee, John Deere self-propelled lawn mower that cuts like a dream, even on extra-long, slightly wet grass
  • New black heels that are actually quite comfy
  • 2 tiny yellow roses given to me by a co-worker just to brighten my day
  • The smile on a kid's face who is taking the game ball to school today for show and tell
  • A happy wave from the bus window
  • A latte, freshly made for me as I was walking in to the coffee shop
  • Harry, clean and fluffy from yesterday evening's bath
  • Water workout is at 7 p.m. tonight and I can actually go
  • Looking at a recommended lodge in Pantanal and dreaming of a Brazilian vacation

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

I didn't know John Deere was made in TN, but we're happy to supply them to you. As long as you don't try to make off with one of my son-in-law's 2 working JDs or 4 antique ones.

You have a great friend, who will give you flowers just when they're needed most.