May 2, 2011

Birthday week randomness

It's officially my birthday week. I don't appreciate getting older, as it makes my crows feet continue to deepen, but since I can't stop the years from coming, I'd might as well enjoy them. We're going out to dinner Thursday night to celebrate. (My birthday, not the crows feet.) I've been scouring people and the online reviews for recommendations. Right now I'm thinking tapas downtown. I'm just hoping my stomach tames down before then so I can actually eat more than bread.

This week is also the start of C-man's baseball season week. 3 games this weekend: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Zoinks! This might possibly be a death march to the 4th of July. My back aches just thinking about all that bleacher time. The good news is he's ridiculously excited about it, can't wait for games to start and might even have his #9 uniform all worn out before the first game even starts. His team is the youngest even in the young league, though, so we're going to really have to focus on the fun of it all. Beerman suggested we start offering Jobu some buckets of chicken to help out.

I went to a meditation class the other day. It's something I've always wanted to learn more about, and I've read great things for it with regards to pain relief. It was kind of a quirky class with a flaky instructor, and required me to bring a "meditation shawl" (Seriously? I still don't really understand what that is), but I learned some good stuff I can try. The bad news is I've felt so crappy, I haven't been able to start yet.

C-man has his spring concert coming up for school. He won't tell us what the songs are, because it's supposedly a big secret. I have heard him singing some songs I don't know in the shower though. The bummer is I'm supposed to be out of town for it. I'm trying really hard to get someone else to take that on, though, so I can see it. I love those concerts. And Southern California sucks.

And the funniest quote I heard of the day: "I won't believe he's really dead until I see his long-form death certificate."

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Ristras are SO photogenic - especially when you can find a blue door nearby.

Happy Birthday!

jon said...

yeah, let's see Obama's birth certificate and Osama's death certificate.
It's official!!!! I am starting the "deather's movement".

While we are at it lets give a blood test and an IQ to Rush Limbaugh.

I'M A DEATHER!!!!!