May 10, 2011

Important photos

Every so often, I get a request to use one of my photos I've posted on Flickr. I think it's because the photos I have uploaded are travel photos. So my photo of the Santa Croce church in Florence is in a mobile guidebook, a photo of mountain goats in an informational article about Luzern, and so on. I think it's kind of fun, and figure what the heck, when they ask.

But I had to laugh when I got a request today for use of another photo:
Who knew photographing every beer I drank while in Switzerland would land me such fame?

3 comments:

Mary Z said...

You should be getting paid for using your photos in ads. Congrats!

Snowcatcher said...

Very cool! Crazy some of the things people want to link to! But this is cool.

Sometimes getting things besides money are better than getting money for sharing photos. I recently allowed a Swiss magazine to use some of my photos for a byline and tearsheets, and I received handspun angora yarn in appreciation! I'd MUCH rather have that than money! Well, I still want to get paid for my day job so I can pay bills... but the camera has its own little unexpected perks!

Congrats on being selected by a publication!

Anonymous said...

Cool! How nice!