May 7, 2011

And we're off..

Baseball season is off and running with 3 games this weekend. Little League means it's uniforms and dugouts and umpires and pitching machines, so a big step up from last year.C-man is, by far, one of the smallest kids on the youngest team in the league, which means we're kind of thankful the scoreboard is broken. But so far, so good. He's had a couple of strikeouts, but made contact with the ball each game, too, which has made it a positive experience.

I never understood why my mom would get so nervous when I'd compete as a child. After all, it was me flying through the air, not her. Now, as I'm sacrificing the chickens and goats for him to get a hit, I sort of get it. But none of it matters to him. He is just having fun chewing Big League Chew and spitting sunflower seeds with his friends.

1 comment:

jon said...

C-man's team will be kicking butt pretty soon. When I was his age I didn't know if my underwear went on the inside or the outside. He is about 6 years old. I didn't play until I was 9 or 10. When I was twelve years old we had a great team. nobody could beat us. We traveled many miles to get some competition.

His team will be "NASTY" if they practice every day.
"NASTY.......!!!!

I like his uniform. I was a Yankee fan.