October 13, 2011

Thursday thirteen good things


  1. I once was given the word "askew" in a grade school spelling bee. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but spelled it right somehow anyway. I looked it up that night. Now, whenever I see something that is askew, like this tree, I smile to myself a little. "A-S-K-E-W"
  2. My left shoulder has been hurting like crazy and causing my hand to go numb. I must have injured it and not noticed while I was hurting so bad last week, because the pain is slowly subsiding. Which also means it wasn't a heart attack. You know, my other option for possible things causing left arm pain.
  3. C-man has 2 days off school, and I am splitting the childcare days with friends. Which means he gets 2 whole non-stop days of play with friends.
  4. Only 3 and a half weeks to go until the school rummage sale I'm co-chairing fore the very last time is over. Not that I'm counting down or anything.
  5. Only 3 and a half weeks until the Jingle Bell Run/Walk at the Milwaukee County Zoo. You know, in case you want to walk with me.
  6. After picking up and putting down the Postmistress for what felt like the thousandth time, I'm now getting through it. It was a really, really slow start. Like Elegance of the Hedgehog slow start with lots of different characters. But it's a WWII book, which I always enjoy, so I kept coming back to it. And now that I'm in it, I'm totally terrorized haunted gripped by the story and can't stop thinking about it.
  7. At the beginning of the year, I was getting monthly treatments that cost $5000 per time. So I maxed out my health care flexible spending account. I stopped those treatments, and now have a ton of cash in my account I need to use. So I am starting acupuncture again. Good of a reason as any, I say.
  8. I learned how to erase someone or something from a picture in PhotoShop. I love learning stuff like that.
  9. I don't know if it's been the new medicine or coincidence, but I have been sleeping so much better the past week.
  10. The 70 degree weather has been awesome. I think we're saying goodbye to it shortly, though. But so far, so good.
  11. I've been reading Harry Potter to C-man before bed at night. We're about 1/3 of the way through the 4th book now. I adore how much he loves being read to. Listening to stories has always been such a big hit with him.
  12. At the flag football game, Beerman actually yelled, "Go Vikings!" I should have recorded that, it was such a momentous occasion. Proof that you really will do anything for your kids.
  13. It's almost the weekend.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Does acupuncture work for you? Obviously it does, or you wouldn't repeat it.