August 11, 2012

Eleven - or the day the bats attacked me

I started this beautiful morning by taking my breakfast into the back patio, opening the umbrella, and freaking out as 3 bats swooped out at me amidst a rain of bat guano. AHHHHHHHH! I hate bats. Ever since I was a kid and they'd be in my bedroom in the middle of the night, I've had an irrational fear of them. Yuk!

But we recovered by taking advantage of the amazing day and took a trip to the zoo. (C-man was on the hunt for some new squished pennies - a Mandrill and a Lion this time.) Of course, our first visit was to the small mammal house. You know, where the bats live. Dear God, I hate bats.

We were home all of 60 seconds when a friend called, so C-man headed over there while I mowed the lawn, did the laundry, and said goodbye to the Avenger. My very first car, 13 years later, headed out of our driveway, leaving us with nothing but an oil spot. It was more than time, I guess.

But now, my friends, it's Miller Time.

No comments: