August 7, 2012

Seven

There and back again without losing a single kid. Mostly. There were those 30 minutes in City Museum when we had absolutely NO idea where the kids were. (Coming down the 10 story slide, duh!) Harry was happy to have us back. Sort of. (I think he kind of missed heading to the neighbor's house for the evening to chew a rawhide on the couch last night.) And the fish (C-man named him Foo because he's a fighter) is still alive. I haven't been feeling all that well. I was a bit weak while in St. Louis, but mostly stayed in denial to not drag the trip down. The thought of food really makes me ill today, which means I can't deny it any longer. I'm blaming Busch Stadium. (Beerman told me it came on too close to Busch Stadium for it to be its fault. I told him to shut it. Everything bad that happens to me is now the Cardinals' fault. I feel it's a good system.) Overall, the trip was a pretty good success. But my favorite moment? During the ride home, I asked the boys what their favorite part of the trip was, and they answered, "Swimming."

So there you have it. The next long weekend - we're heading to the local Radisson.

No comments: