August 13, 2012

Thirteen

Something has happened to me this summer. I have never really liked raw tomatoes or avocados. And yet, this summer, I can't get enough of them. Is it my age? My meds? The blue moon? I'm not sure what it is, but I am kind of liking it.

I dropped C-man off at early care before camp. He was sad like he used to be when he had separation anxiety at daycare as a two year old. Man, that tugs on the ol' heart strings.

My homemade yogurt experiment continues. I screwed it up the other day and ended up with a grainy batch so had to start over. But I'm back at it, and loving it. Especially since my rheumatologist gave me the bone density lecture the other day, I figure it's a good way to introduce calcium without drinking milk. (gag) Plus, it's deeee-licious.

I've been trying to avoid a lot of sugar. I even turned down getting a donut the other day with C-man. And drove right past my favorite Krispy Kreme on Sunday without stopping. Surely there's a medal in this for me somewhere.

Speaking of medals, that closing ceremony of the Olympics sucked. It was harder to top being weirder than the opening, but they did it. (THIS is seriously hilarious) I am so looking forward to Rio's.

And, of course, a giant happy birthday to my dad!

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Maybe it's better tomatoes? Generally I like tomatoes, but it's a long time since I had the ones I remember, grown in the backyard and still warm from the sun...

Mary Z said...

Daughter Margaret brought me some of their tomatoes when she came over a week ago. They are incredibly good! Nothing better.

We had heard about the focus of the closing ceremonies, and didn't even bother to watch. It's a shame - they seemed to do such a great job with the rest of the games.