August 9, 2012

Nine

Sometimes it's incredibly embarrassing to be me. Like this morning. They're re-doing our road, so it's graded below our driveway, and it's now gravelly and unpaved. Since we have a semi-circle drive, and still haven't junked the Avenger, it's been sitting on one leg of the driveway. This morning I went to move the Avenger from one leg to the next to block the higher lip side so we could drive in and out on the lower lip side. I turned the corner, went to do a Y-turn to back it up to turn around, but didn't lock it in the right gear, and went forward instead. Right over the giant driveway lip, which left me suspended over the culvert with only one wheel touching the ground.

Honestly. I am an idiot. And the whole neighborhood came out to look at my idiocrisy.

Thankfully, I have a really nice husband who stayed with me to deal with the tow truck while I went inside to hang my head in shame. My neighbor said I should take a picture because I'd think it was really funny later. I didn't because I was just too mortified. I should have taken a picture. Because now I do think it's kind of funny. Even funnier - Beerman made a deal with the tow truck driver to buy it for $150 over what the junk yard will give us, making the tow free and earning us an additional $100 in the deal.

I swear I'm a really smart person. Just not today.

No comments: