January 2, 2015

Building a Year


With the reflecting on the past year over, it's now time to begin to once again look forward - to figure out what my intentions are for 2015. It feels like I've struggled a bit more with this than I usually do. Maybe it's because I've been so sick lately. Or that the pain has been pretty awful. Or maybe it's because last year was all about trying new things and new experiences - the play, the bees, new friends. It was fantastic, but I know it's not something I can repeat again this year. (Seriously, how many hobbies can one person have?) But I also know that I can't stagnate or un-creatively only do the same things again.

So the question becomes, how do I continue to build on and sustain all that I started in 2014 without it becoming stale or new? How do I keep my creativity and build myself into more of who I am while not burning myself out? And that's when the theme of all my thoughts started to emerge - building.

With that, here are my resolutions for 2015:

  • Add to my apiary and have 3 hives this year - Hopefully the two I already have make it through the winter!
  • Read at least 30 books - I've fallen out of reading lately, and my brain is really paying for it
  • Build up my health - This means the cliche losing 10 pounds (because it has to happen), heading to the gym at least 8 times a month so work pays for it, and not consuming alcohol (this is not a zero tolerance policy, but I'm going to skip it unless it's something big)
It's not a drastic year, but I think after last year's growth, that's fitting. So here's to building and growing!

No comments: