January 7, 2015

I'm a grumpy cat


  • We were all hoping for a cold day today that never happened. Meaning, the cold happened, but the schools are in still session. 
  • The gym was slammed last night. I'm pretty sure it'll be clear of all those New Years resolutions again by the end of the month and I can have my favorite treadmill and medicine balls back.
  • I was grumpy this morning and stopped for a bagel. Because what doesn't make you happy if a bagel doesn't? Well, two bagels, apparently. I only ordered one, but got two in my bag, so got to share the happiness.
  • I've been looking for a dog. We are a dog house, and really miss having a warm fuzzy belly to rub. So imagine my glee when I thought I'd really found the right one when I came across Ben - Old English Sheepdog, young but not a puppy, abused, and now in a rescue. So I sent an inquiry. The response I got - Because I'm not in Michigan, I can't adopt him. Excuse the expression, but WTF? You have two abused animals, and a prospective home (which, if I do say so myself, is like winning the doggie lottery!), and you say no because I'm in the wrong state? But the good news is I see this morning they're listed as "pending". So hopefully they find good homes.
  • I need to keep the faith that our dog is out there. C-man and I talk about how much we need a dog every single day. We are dog people.
  • It's going to be in the 60s in the various parts of California I'm in next week. I am so far removed from that, I don't even know how to dress. Strange how that happens.

1 comment:

l'empress said...

My daughter has two cats that she and her husband have rescued. The first was a very new kitten that was sitting in my driveway.

But she found the second on overstock.com!