January 30, 2015

Hello, Beasley


We've been looking for another dog. Ideally, an Old English Sheepdog. I have stalked Petfinder and Petango and the Humane Society websites. I have asked people I know, and even been considering non-sheepdogs just to have another warm, fuzzy belly in the house.

And then I heard from my dad that he was chatting with a woman on the beach in South Texas who had an OES. And by a stroke of fate, she is looking to re-home him. And when she isn't a snowbird, she lives in Illinois.

So last night, we had over an hour long, mostly one-sided conversation of her telling me everything she knew and loved about the dog. I'd expected it to be more one-sided with me having to explain who we are, and who are our references could be. But apparently my dad did such a good job selling how amazing we are as a dog family (Thanks, Dad!), she didn't feel any of that was necessary.

Beasley is a 3 year old, Old English Sheepdog who for an unknown reason ended up in the Des Moines shelter system. She's had him for a little over a year, and everything she describes is that he is a very typical, very male OES - he's a big, strong, goofy, energetic, sweet, obsessive herder.

And as of March 5th, after his beach vacation, will officially be a Rysewyk. I'm so excited, I can barely keep myself together.

1 comment:

l'empress said...

So sweet!