January 22, 2015

Thursday Thirteen


  1. C-man is home sick today.
  2. We went to the walk in clinic last night, and he has a sinus infection and the beginnings of bronchitis. But at least no fever!
  3. Winter 2014-15 is the season of antibiotics, apparently.
  4. The good news is it gives me a day to be able to slow down too, and kick this crud before it kicks me.
  5. My parents are celebrating their 49th anniversary today. (Congrats, Mom and Dad!) Not to state the obvious, but... wow.
  6. C-man's wrestling club is hosting its own tournament on 3/8. Of course, it requires many parents to volunteer to help.
  7. 6 people showed up for the planning meeting. There are over 50 kids in the program. It's so disgusting.
  8. So now I'm trying to get local restaurants to advertise and donate. It's like whiplash flashing back to my horrible non-profit days. But I guess someone has to do it.
  9. I also have to start planning the winter carnival at C-man's school.
  10. How do I get roped into all of these horrible volunteer things?
  11. Having C-man come home on the bus after school with a sitter waiting has proven to be a huge hit. He's happier, his homework is getting done, and things aren't nearly as rushed. It's been good.
  12. I am so, so, so missing Harry. I need another dog. But none of them are Harry.
  13. This weekend we're back to skiing and wrestling. Such is my life.

No comments: