- Last night at play rehearsal, we got to run Act I twice, instead of the whole show.
- It's been my complaint the whole rehearsal season so far - we keep switching acts that we rehearse, so people don't improve their timing on the one we just ran.
- It'd certainly help if one of the actors would just learn his damn lines, though.
- I still got home at 10, but the second run-through was soooo much better that it didn't feel hopeless.
- C-man was so happy when I came home. His assignment was to write a poem from the perspective of a coach to his team. He's certainly heard enough of those to be an expert!
- He was also overjoyed because the football team is getting graded out now. A KnightCat sticker for a win and a Superman sticker for a great play.
- He got a Superman for his sack.
- A little recognition goes a long, long way with that one. He seemed really motivated.
- I finally remembered to submit C-man's day camp expense for FSA reimbursement. I know it's our money, but it's a little like Christmas getting it all back!
- Speaking of spending money on C-man, I've been monkeying around with his 529 plan. As long as the market doesn't take a total unrecoverable dump, I think he'll have a solid 4 years from us.
- Which he tells me he doesn't need, of course, because he'll be on a football scholarship.
- I saw Burt Jacobs (Life is Good) speak yesterday at work. (We're carrying the line in our stores now) He was by far, the best talk I heard in a while. I'm going to read the book now.
- In my spare time.
September 17, 2015
at 10:29 AM