November 10, 2006

Denied!

I got a call from the blood bank last night telling me they were in emergency status right now. Convenient, I said, because they were doing a blood drive at work today. So, I went down, gave them my donor card, filled out my paperwork, and sat down for the temperature and finger prick. Well, it took Wilbur an inordinate amount of time to figure everything out. (He asked my birthdate four times) And then, he said, "Oops, you're only at 34% and you need to be at 38%". Damnit. My iron is low again. I guess it figures, considering how I've been eating lately. Crap. Now I have to get all healthy again. But the moral of the story is: if you can, give it, because they really need it right now. TGIF! Despite it thundering, lightning and sleeting, it's the weekend. Woo-hoo!

No comments: