November 8, 2006

Whoopee Wednesday!

I don't know what's better - that a Democrat is still governor in Wisconsin, that Obey now gets his coveted chairmanship of Ways and Means (my childhood Congressman), that the Wisconsin State Senate went to the left, or that I don't ever have to see Jim Talent's (Missouri) face blabbering on TV again. It's probably shallow if I say it might be not having to look at Talent's ugly mug. Sigh. How refreshing. The disappointing thing was the marriage referendum. I guess the fundamentalist scaredy-cats and red necks got their amendment so we're sure "those people" can never marry. Boo. It's Wednesday, so I'm still in San Francisco. I was actually able to sleep past 4 a.m., which makes me feel like a beauty queen. I went shopping at Macy's last night and got a pair of cheap jeans. I love that. I still miss my hubby and baby though. At least I can say Mommy Cisco is coming home tomorrow. And because this makes me laugh: Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ? A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are very happy campers this morning. Finally voted a winning ticket, except for the amendments. I hope they are just advisory. I'm anxious to see my Republican friends crying today. Yah!