November 18, 2006

A good day

I was all excited this morning, decoding my geocache clues, writing everything down, and getting the whole family ready (no small feat). When we got to the Audubon Center, they told me that they don't lend out their gps units. Um, let me quote from their website: The center has units for you to borrow with your driver’s license, or bring your own GPS unit to get more familiar with it. Clearly, I misunderstood, since that was so unclear... grr... On our way out, Beerman said, "If we didn't see a deer hunting, Grandpa would drive around until we saw one. And then he'd say it was a good day." Just then, we drove past a couple of deer. Guess it was a good day. The great thing about my day was my 2-hour nap. I. Love. Naps. When I woke up, I watched football. It got even better (you know it's good after a 2-hour nap and some college football!) are the bbq ribs Beerman made for dinner. Now I had to eat kale with that (after I flunked my blood donation test due to anemia, he's back on this making me eat iron kick), but other than that, I can't complain. Pretty darned good day overall. Too bad Michigan lost. Now I just need a damned GPS. I almost went to Best Buy and bought one. Beerman insisted I wait to choose one for Christmas that I like instead of doing the impulse buy which is so typical of me. Darn the logic. Book update: I finished Blue Shoes and Happiness - the 5th book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I don't know if I'd enjoy the series as much as I do if I hadn't been to Botswana. But having been there, I enjoy this series tremendously. If you'd like a nice pleasant read about a simpler place, I highly recommend picking them up. (Or borrowing them from me, since I own them all).

No comments: