November 9, 2006

Oh, my head!

I flew back on from San Francisco to Phoenix to Milwaukee. My travels started at 3:50 a.m. The best part was on the 4 hour flight from Phoenix to Milwaukee, in which I was in row 20 - next to FIVE families with children. Now, I'm understanding of small children, but 4 hours of screaming made me want to pull my hair out. I now have a serious headache. Poor kids, I know it hurts. But yikes. The good news is I finished another book - The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. It's a big-time national bestseller right now. The question I have to ask is: Why? That was one sloooooow-movin' book, and does not get the JPR stamp of approval. I did pick up Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston (guy who cut his own arm off to save his life while climbing) for $3.99 at Borders in San Fran, though. I'm pretty interested in seeing how it goes. Tonight Beerman and I have parent-teacher conferences. Well, that's what I'm calling it at least. They call it "Important Parent Meeting". I think that's code for "We're raising your rates, so come at 5:30 so we can tell you about it." Glad to be home with the sheepies and can't wait to see the rest of the family.

No comments: