December 4, 2006

Blogs and Knitting -- Oh Crap!

So I've got a blog. And I'm teaching myself to knit. Shit. I'm one PETA membership from being absolutely ridiculous. Thank God I ate some good rare red meat this weekend. There will be no pretend-vegetarianism from this girl. At least I'm safe on that front. I'll probably die of a heart attack before I'm 35, but whatever. And to be clear, the knitting is because a bunch of people do it at work. Since I'm so new, I figured I could make some friends if I could eat and at least pretend to knit. And who knows, maybe I'll like it and make something useful. I hope I'm better at it than I was at pottery! We had our 007-themed progressive party this weekend. I don't know what was best - the stiff martinis, the 007 theme, the fact that we had a babysitter for the night, or that the houses were so enormous, I couldn't afford the taxes let alone to buy one. Great night. When we bought our dining room table, we spent an extra $40 to get the wood protection plan. After 3 years, I called it in, and had the guy come today. He's at the house now. At first I thought I would get sick from the smell of his cheap cologne. But at this point, it was marvelous compared to the crap he's spraying around now to fix the table. Whew! The poor bastard is starting to sing... I'm pretty sure he's high from the fumes.

No comments: