December 11, 2006

Living Healthier

I keep telling myself that I've got to live healthier. Eat better, exercise more, brush my teeth after every meal, not get stressed out about small things, not worry about Christmas card pictures that never come so my cards won't get out until the end of December (damn that photographer!)... So today I ate 3 brownies instead of 4. I figured I can't do them all. I've received a few Christmas letters this year. And it got me to thinking - why would someone subject you to that? And it dawned on me - these are not people I speak to regularly. Yet because it's Christmas, these relatives, friends, acquaintances, etc. feel it's okay to send me an entire letter detailing their lives over the past year. So my question is, if you haven't felt it important enough to speak to me over the past year and tell me these things, why on earth would I want to read a letter detailing the little known facts about your life just because it's Christmas? It's the birth of Jesus, not a time to blabber on about stuff you haven't felt relevant enough the past 11 1/2 months. After all, I've got enough on my plate just dealing with paragraph one.

No comments: