December 22, 2006

Wet, Wetter and Wettest

I left the house to go in search of my very first geocache find with my brand new GPS. I figured out the coordinates, and then realized I had to walk across a soaking wet soccer field. Upon walking across the soccer field, I realized that it was completely covered in goose shit. Lovely. At least the rain washed my shoes clean. On the bright side, I located my very first cache! Woo-hoo! I took a sticker and didn't leave anything behind because I didn't have anything small enough to leave. When I got home, I removed my wet shoes, and went in the basement to do some laundry while I wrapped presents. I should have left my shoes on because the basement is totally flooded - a veritable river rushing over my feet. I just spent an hour mopping it up. I'll be doing the wet laundry all day. Ugh... who would have thought we'd have to deal with a flooded basement the week of Christmas?! Anyone want to get us a new sump pump for Christmas?

No comments: