May 3, 2010

30 more to go

I've been working at my list of 100 things to accomplish in my life.  And when I say I've been working at it, I'm not kidding.  100 things is a lot.  I put down a few, and then sit there and just stare at my list, willing a few more to suddenly appear on it.  And it's getting a little streessful, because I'm stuck at 70 and I've set my birthday as the deadline for putting it out there to the world. And have I mentioend I'm totally stuck.at.70?

So I've decided if I can't come up with more than 70 things, then so be it.  What's the big deal with 100 anyhow?  Maybe my list will be a work in progress.

That's because somewhere in this process (this morning), I realized that this is a really great experience, and one that shouldn't be stressful at all.  Instead, it should be a celebration.  A celebration of all the stuff I've already done. Because when I pore through the lists of others, I can't help but smile, thinking, "check", "done that", "old hat". I've been so incredibly blessed to have had a variety of so many really cool, diverse experiences in my short time on this earth.  So yes, I still want to learn how to tie a clove hitch (and will still learn).  But for the next 2 days, I'm going to throw things on the list as I think of them.  And if I don't reach 100, I guess that's okay too.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Have you been to the Day Zero Project website?