May 13, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Reframing

View from Milwaukee's South Shore

This, admittedly, has not been one of my finer weeks.  It has rained non-stop, wreaking total havoc with my arthritic body, dulled my brain, made me clumsy, and done unmentionable things to my hair.  Work has all but exploded in my face on several fronts, and there's been absolutely nothing I can do to prevent or stop it. So to say I'm feeling a bit low might be an understatement.

So I'm going to try "reframing", like I have to tell all those suckers that come to my training classes to do.  So I'm focusing my Thursday Thirteen on 13 good things in my life this week:
  1. I had a great dinner out with friends last night
  2. I've been diligently keeping up with my 365 project (which forced me to stop on the way home and get the nighttime city shots last night!)  #42
  3. The giant ammo box I'd ordered arrived from Cabela's yesterday so I can now hide my own geocache  #27
  4. C-man was so happy when I told him he could play with the box that brought the ammo box
  5. I've learned to tie three knots. Now if I ever have a horse, I'll know how to tie him up  #63
  6. Wine club is petite sirah tomorrow at my house - woot! (You'd almost think I'd chosen it)
  7. The recipes I've experimented with to serve at wine club have actually worked out
  8. I'm getting my hair highlighted tomorrow
  9. We have Brewers tickets for Saturday's game to sit in the Air Tran Airways Landing Zone
  10. I'm going to be in Chicago next week, and should be able to check off at least one of my three Chicago-related tasks (#21 Take my picture in the Cloud Gate ball in Chicago's Millennium Park, #22 Go to the top of the Willis Tower, #23 Eat at Xoco)
  11. While there, I'm also going to get to see a college roommate I haven't seen in ages
  12. The regular good house cleaners came yesterday (last week it was someone else who did a crap job), and coming home to a clean house was divine
  13. I've made an appointment for an ayurvedic consultation, which I've always wanted to try

3 comments:

Indigo said...

Hmmmm #6: you did)
Let me know how the Air Tran seats are!

SarahinSC said...

What is the name of your arthritis? I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis and thinks it's just a huge pain in the butt (quite literally at times).

I lived in MKE from 01-03. Stop by my blog and let me know where you are at in MKE!

Snowcatcher said...

Holy smokes! That's quite a list, and it's only 13!!! I can't imagine having 365!!!