May 23, 2010

Lost Saturday.


In one of my doctor's visits this week, because I've been so sleep deprived, I was given some Ambien.  And I lost Saturday. I went to bed at midnight on Friday and woke up at 3 p.m. on Saturday.  Somewhere in the middle, while C-man and Beerman were at golf lessons, I got myself to the store to get a birthday present for the party Beerman took C-man to later in the day. I must have been acting completely batshit crazy, because the lady in the store, in a very concerned way, came over to take the gifts out of my hand while I picked out a card.  The card I'd already dropped on the ground 3 times or so while I'm positive I was weaving. Clearly, I shouldn't have been driving, because I went back home to bed and was comatose for another few hours.

I missed the annual herb sale I love to go to. I missed golf lessons. I missed the birthday party. I totally lost Saturday.  What a weird feeling.

Needless to say, I will not be taking another Ambien anytime soon.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yup... that's kind of how working night shift feels too. Awake all night while the world is sleeping, then sleeping all day while the world is awake. I'm glad you got a bit of sleep though!

wineandroasts said...

I never would have believed it - because I'm never sensitive to meds - but Tylenol Nighttime Sinus gel caps will knock you out cold. I mean a deep, dreamless sleep, but getting up the next morning isn't a problem.

Might be worth a try.