May 21, 2010

More random thoughts

  1. We're going to see Rigoletto tonight.  An opera about a clown. Oh boy.
  2. My 365 project is tougher than I thought.  I take a ton of pictures, but some days, I just don't feel very creative.  So having to pick up my camera sometimes feels like a bit of a chore.  And so many others on the site post these amazing and creative photos.  So I have to keep reminding myself I'm doing it to document my year and learn a bit about photography, find some new perspectives, and not to get a photography job out of it.
  3. I finished Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night. I'm still sticking with my earlier claim that it's entirely overrated, predictable, and even unnecessarily gruesome. Not to mention, after all those pages, I should have felt something for any one of the characters, and shouldn't have been hoping they'd all die just for it to get interesting.
  4. I thought I had the book City of Embers to read next. I don't. I bought the wrong book. It's still got good reviews from people.
  5. I think I'm going to start The Girl She Used to Be instead. The woman at the local bookstore, whom I trust, raved on and on and on about it.  If it sucks, I have 4 more in reserve waiting to be read.
  6. It's the last season of 24. And I've got to say, the last episode was by far, the best one ever. I realize it's time for the show to call it quits. But it's going to be a sad, sad day when Jack Bauer bites the dust, damnit.
  7. The Brewers actually won one last night, and I'm thrilled.  Seriously 1-9 and I'm thrilled.  You know things have gotten desperate.
  8. I have a morning meeting and then 2 doctor's appointments to get to. So much for Friday being a laid-back day.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

The wrong book actually sounds pretty good.

wineandroasts said...

Aw, Rigoletto is lovely...if you get past the clown. Or the thought of the clown.

Does ANYONE like clowns? Seriously. Kids hate them. Adults hate them. I think I read somewhere that their Union tag line is, "We're Not *All* Pedophiles."