May 19, 2010

To infinity and beyond


Today is my 9th wedding anniversary.  In so many ways, I don't feel old enough to have been married for 9 years.  But at the same time, I can't believe it hasn't been longer. That's because it's hard to imagine my life without him; hard to remember who I was before I became this person.

So despite loving to get gifts, I'm not very good at the whole anniversary thing.  I never know what to do, or say, or give.  What do you give to someone who has been your whole life for the past 9 years?  What do you say to someone who has given you the most amazing child the world could want and been an incredible father to him, too?  What do you do for someone who has stood by you, through thick and thin, putting you before himself over and over again despite how many times you've asked him to do so?

No marriage is ever perfect, and I won't pretend ours has been.  But for the past 9 years, I haven't wanted it to be with anyone else.  I often wonder how I got so lucky.  And for that, I can't be thankful enough.

Happy anniversary, my love.  I'll always love you the most.

5 comments:

Maine Moonlight said...

That's really sweet. We've been married for almost nine years, but we were so much older that we are very aware of what our lives were like before we met. I'm really glad you found each other.

Lindy said...

Congratulations, and wishing you many, many more loving years together!

*mingle*

jon said...

mingle****

We have been married 9 years also. (April 17th)
I will never forget that date. We got 2 days extra to file our income tax. April 15th was a Saturday. It was a good day. It was a great day.

jon said...

Mingle*****
I forgot to mention that I started geocaching. I have found two so far. I use a TomTom one. It works. It was really meant for a car. It has a short battery life. (about 2 hours) It has a few other glitches because it wasn't meant for hiking. It is very precise. It will tell you where you are.
I am shopping for something for geocaching. I will take my time. I want to see if my interest sticks.
So far I enjoy it.

Everly said...

wising you a late happy anniversary

I stopped by from 'that's my answer' you were above my comment.

have a good weekend from one jennifer to another.