May 25, 2010

Moments


Lately, we've had nothing to do and everything to do all at the same time. The calendar has been full, and I feel like I'm futilely racing from one place to the next, dealing with what seems to be only disappointingly selfish people, and never really getting ahead.  Almost as if to prove my point, there is a never-ending pile of folded, yet un-put-away laundry in the living room that continues to grow, as if mocking my complete ineptitude.

And then this morning happened.  It was nothing out of the ordinary for our crazy house: me bleary-eyed after another sleepless night, C-man sobbing because I won't let him eat the sugary, food-dye laden Trix sample that came with Sunday's paper (I'm suspecting he's going through another growth spurt with this constant hunger and unoccassional mood swing), getting in the shower only to remember that Beerman needs to turn the water on (because the tank started leaking all over the basement again last night), and not liking any of the clothes I own, thereby changing my shirt 3 times only to return to shirt #1.  The usual chaos.

But as I was getting C-man's uniform out of his drawer and laying it out, he decided while just in his underwear, that it's hug time.  And he leaned in to put his warm, round little face in the crook of my neck, and nuzzled it there for probably 5 minutes.  And then wehn he was done, he quickly grabbed his shorts, looked at me and said, "Now are you feeling better?"

And the great thing is, that yes, it was exactly what I had needed. Thank God for the wisdom of a 5 year old to make it all better.

1 comment:

Maine Moonlight said...

If I could only have one, I'm so glad I had a boy. They love their mothers and can be so sensitive. C-man was in tune with his mama this morning!