May 31, 2010

Let the summer begin!

Last night was our first s'more of the season.  It was so beautiful out that C-man and I even slept in tents in the backyard.  Well, at least we did until 2 a.m. when a thunderclap woke me up.  I debated for about 30 seconds what I should do until I saw lightning streak through the sky.  That's when I got up, threw C-man over my shoulder and put him in his bed. It's one thing to chance a lightning storm when you're miles away from home, but it's quite another to be that dumb when you're just in your backyard. Needless to say, he was NOT happy with me when he woke up in his bed this morning. The good news is there are a lot more summer weekends to try again.  What a fabulous long weekend.  It's too bad it's almost at an end.

3 comments:

Mary said...

One of my favorite pictures by you ever... now I want one!

Kwizgiver said...

That is the perfect s'more. Beautiful.

::mingle::

Bev Sykes said...

I'll have one of them there s'mores, please. Thank you!

*mingle*