December 13, 2010

Oh goody, it's Monday.

Week 2 of antibiotics, and I think I'm getting better.  Although those around me at Saturday's showing of Spamalot would have disagreed, as it seemed I coughed the entire time.  (Spamalot, incidentally, was quite hilarious.  2 full hours of my favorite type of humor.)  Saturday was crazy busy though, with C-man having a friend over, having a birthday party to attend at the IMAX (I bought a ticket for the friend and me to go too, to kill the time, and ended up freaking the friend out at potential nightmarish proportions because it was Bugs, and the kid apparently hates bugs, including close up shots of a praying mantis ripping the head off a fly and eating it), us getting ready to go out, eating dinner and enjoying a few beers at the Old German Beer hall, and then seeing the show.

Sunday, conversely, was the laziest day ever.  Harry got a park run and a bath.  But the rain-sleet-snow combination kept us firmly inside, leaving us grocery shopping-less and those last few Christmas and birthday errand-less.  It did, however, mean I couldn't procrastinate on the laundry anymore, which was probably a good thing.  The bad thing is I had to do it in front of the awful Packers game.  And it also meant when we got ready to go this morning, Beerman's car doors were iced shut.  I finally pried one open so he could get in and muscle the drivers side open, but it was a bitter reminder that winter is here and here to stay.  At least we're not Minnesota, I guess.  (Although I could say that any day of the year!)

And now, it's Monday.  The day of rainbows and sunshine drudging through endless meetings.  Tally ho!

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Seems kind of piddly complaining about our dusting of snow compared to yours, but cities this far south aren't adapted to this stuff. And our hills do tend to make driving a bit of a challenge.

jon said...

Gee, the weather seems to be crappy everywhere. It has been going below freezing at night. This is not a common here.