December 5, 2010

St. Nicks Eve

At school this week, C-man had his "Gingerbread Shoppe".  You send in money, and then the kids go shopping and pick out gifts for you.  The funny thing is, none of the kids can wait until Christmas to give them.  Last year we held him off until St. Nick's Day.  Not this year, though.  And since I sent in enough money for him to buy a few things (why not, it's for ME, after all!), we agreed he could give us each one present early. I got a polar bear Pez dispenser.  Beerman got a stuffed jaguar so they could play funny wake-up stories with another character.  Seriously, so sweet.

In other news, within the span of one week, I have managed to score a physician's hat trick.  I have taken a sick dog to the vet, a sick kid to the pediatrician, and a sick me to the doctor.  All are now on drugs. (Well, Harry's off them already, thankfully).  I feel like I should win an award for the amount of time I've spent in pharmacies this week. (The next multi-gazillionaire?  The person who can figure out how to make pharmacies move even the tiniest bit faster. Honestly, what TAKES them so damned long?!?!) Beerman took C-man to swimming lessons so I could wrap some presents and watch the DVD of Eclipse they bought for me as an early St. Nick's gift as I hack to myself.  Good times.

No comments: