December 23, 2010

Thursday Thirteen things I love about Christmas

Chilly the Penguin, created by C-man in art class
  1. Watching Christmas movies as a family.  House favorites include: A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, and A Cricket on the Hearth.
  2. Nighttime when the Christmas tree is on and everything in the house is quiet.
  3. Paging through toy catalogs with C-man, watching him circle just about everything in it.
  4. Hearing Ave Maria at Christmas mass
  5. Putting together the family Christmas card.
  6. Receiving other peoples' Christmas cards and taping them on the wall.
  7. Screams of joy Christmas morning as the wrapping paper flies
  8. Watching C-man beat Beerman at finding the pickle on the tree yet again.
  9. Christmas day lunch at a Chinese restaurant
  10. Days off work
  11. C-man's Christmas concert
  12. Playing Christmas music on the piano while C-man sings along
  13. Opening gifts given to me

1 comment:

Julie said...

I knew there was a tradition I wanted to start - the pickle ornament! Thank you for reminding me. I love your list for the Thursday Thirteen. :)

:mingling: