September 28, 2011

Boarding my ark


The rain will not stop. Which means that the giant low pressure system from hell has been swirling above us for almost a week. Which means my hands look like five read kielbasa poking out from a puffy palm. So adorable.

It's times like these that this whole arthritis thing makes me angry. With all the money pharmaceuticals throw into making sure men's penises enlarge for up to 4 hours, helping women's eyelashes grow thicker, and paralyzing faces with the exact right amount of botulism so they don't wrinkle in the wrong spot, they will not or cannot fix some major chronic problems in the world.

And so, I think I'm just going to finish construction on an ark, board it, and sail off. At least the thought of that makes me happy.

2 comments:

jon said...

yes, the priorities really seem to be messed up. men and woman injecting "stuff" into their lips and they think they look good.
They look like ducks. I expect them to be doing an Aflac commercial soon.

Bev Sykes said...

{{ hugs }}